Thursday, November 02, 2006

Love, Hesitation, & Obedience

If my relationship to Him is that of love, I will do what He says without hesitation. If I hesitate, it is because I love someone I have placed in competition with Him, namely, myself.
~Oswald Chambers

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What are the implications of this statement? Does our love for God and Christ merit, unquestionable obedience? Is obedience or disobedience automatically a reflection and indication of our love? Are we really hesitant to listen because we love someone or something else or have we simply temporarily forgotten that He is the way? Is my love for someone else (not myself) ever going to come into contrast with obedience to Him and if it does, does that mere hesitation mean I love the other more than Christ? Are we called to live unhesitant lives where we do not think about the weight of our love and the possible outcome of not living in sync with it?

~JK

Share/Bookmark

No comments: