Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Good Advertising?

I came across this interesting article the other day. Entitled, "Are we sinning yet" it talks about one Canadian website's attempts to create spiritual dialogue about subjects that perhaps non-Christians do not often think about. I am interested in this because the website has placed ads in magazines in newspapers which take a different approach to advertising. I will let the ads speak for themselves below. What I want to know is would this approach be tolerated in the Bible-Belt, where it seems that advertising tactics have mainly included quippy sayings on marquee boards. Tell me what you think. I included the picture and cited the caption underneath because the font text is too small in the picture!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
-Would you still take your kids? After all, isn't Christmas supposed to be about Him, not the guy in the red suit? Or can it be about both? Share your opinion at http://www.wondercafe.ca/, the home of lively discussion on spiritual topics, moral issues and life's big questions.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Does anyone object?" - What do you think? Let us know at www.wondercafe.ca, the home of lively discussion on spiritual topics, moral issues and life's big questions.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Green Tag " __ Agree", Red Tag " __ Disagree" - Want to explore your spirituality in a place that's as open-minded as you? Drop by www.wondercafe.ca and join the discussion.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"How much fun can sex be before it's a sin?" - Moral issues, spiritual topics, life's big questions - they're all up for discussion at www.wondercafe.ca. So drop by and pull up a chair.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
On tag, "WARNING: some re-assembly of priorities and beliefs may be required." - Parenthood changes everything - including how you view the world. Every day at www.wondercafe.ca people like you explore and discuss spiritual topics, moral issues and life's big questions. So drop by, pull up a chair and join the discussion.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"__ Funny, __ Ticket to Hell" - What do you think? Let us know at www.wondercafe.ca, the home of lively discussion on spiritual topics, moral issues and life's big questions.
.
Tell me your thoughts.
~JK

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

III said...

Interesting images.

The one that sparkes an issue which probably digs deepest is the issue of agreeing/disagreeing with the Bible. Not exactly sure about the point. I'm interested to hear what others might think it means.

Arlene Kasselman said...

I love them but my opinons are seldom representative of the "bible belted."
Din't know you were a blogger till I saw a comment on Frank Belizzi's blog.

Shane Coffman said...

Well, I would certainly think they would be discussion starters...

Would they be tolerated in the Bible Belt? I would say yes.

Do I like them? No. I'd prefer a more positive message personally.