Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Family of Faith - 7/22/07

What EVERY
Woman Wants…


I certainly am not going to assume that I know what women think. When I hear men claiming that they know just what women think and want I shake my head and run away. However, after several conversations I have had recently I have made a conclusion. In some form or another, every woman wants sincerity. I have a hard time imagining a wife or mother who would willingly say they could do without sincerity. Can you think of a wife who doesn’t wish their husband was more passionate than her when it comes to his relationship with God? Can you think of a mother who wishes the father of her children was a little less interested in his children? The problem is, that as men, we settle for mediocrity. We make excuses for our insincerity and assume that our families will take the hit lying down. What would it look like in our families if our Husbands and Dads had as their number one priority their own spiritual health? Men who are in pursuit of a sincere relationship with God have no choice but to let that passion seep down into their other relationships, specifically their family. The challenge to increase sincerity in the hearts of our congregation’s men is not impossible. Let’s examine our hearts and see if we have allowed insincerity to characterize how we do our family relationships. If you find yourself allowing yourself to settle for mediocrity, fight back by being more intentional. Be in “hot pursuit” of God and you will find that the chase does not leave you breathless but instead drawing closer to Him.
~Josh Kellar

Taking It Home
Women: In what ways have I become “okay” with a lack of sincerity in my husband’s relationship with God?
Men: What would my relationships be like if I were more passionate about my own relationship with God?
Share/Bookmark

No comments: