Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Is it Better to Need or to Want Sex?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's the question which drove our discussion this morning in my sex therapy class:
When it comes to being needed and being wanted, which is a heathier perspective when it comes to sexual experience?

I will post more later but its interesting to hear different ideas of what is behind sexual intention. How is our view of sex impacted whether we view it from a "need-based" perspective or a "want-based" perspective?

I understand that this discussion is a bit more frank than others but hopefully the diablogue will be insightful and eye-opening.

~JK
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Val said...

Interesting. I can't wait to hear what your class discussion came up with.

So my initial response was Want, because I thought that if it was a wanting thing than the other person would feel special in being wanted. However, then I thought about it and wondered, want is very selfish in nature. Think of a child (or some of us adults) "I want, I want, I want". So I changed my mid to Need, but I can't really explain it. I look forward to your insight

Val said...

Hey, you should check out today's entry on Mike Cope's blog. He was taking about the broad topic of sex.