Sunday, June 05, 2005

Storm Chasing!!!

I am now an official tornado chaser. As I was on my way to Snyder to pick up my cousin Tyler, I was following this storm. On the horizon I watched as funnel clouds made their way to the ground and then back up into the clouds. To my dismay, the storm seemed to settle right about where I was meeting my grandma to pick up Tyler. Did I mention I hate tornado's. They terrify me. You can ask Krista, I am the biggest weenie. One time she came home from work and I was in the bath tub covered with blankets because the city alarm was going off. I made the mistake of sharing this with my punk cousin and he had no sympathy for me. Can you believe it? Luckily on the way back to Abilene, the tornados were on our backside and we had nothing to worry about. Now we are safe and sound back in Abilene at my house with a storm shelter, battery powered radio, candles, flashlights, bottles water and granola bars. Tornados ought to fear this overprepared, doppler watching.....sissy.

~JK
Share/Bookmark

No comments: